Copyright © 2006 to 2019 Avant Ballet Studio
- Kinderballet - a fun introduction to dance, mime music and ballet for 3 - 5 year olds.
We introduce simple ballet techniques and a variety of activities to develop good listening (music beat,
following simple instructions), coordination, self-discipline, memory, skill and creativity in using different parts of the body.
Children learn about working in groups and gain enjoyment and appreciation of dance, music, ballet and mime as well as preparation
for further dance training. We now have a Tinies class for 1.5-3 year olds. A wonderful dance experience for little ones
- Classical Ballet - Cecchetti Method, Classical training for dance enjoyment and professional development for 5 years to Adult.
Two lessons per week
Two Classical classes per week are offered to Primary Students and up.
- students progress faster and become more confident when attending two classical lessons per week.
- they have a greater understanding of, and commitment to their work, which enables the student to achieve more and feel more capable and more successful.
Therefore, I believe it is beneficial for even recreational students to participate in two classes per week.
Two classical classes per week are essential for those students participating in official examinations.
One lesson per week
- introduce students to basic ballet techniques for dance enjoyment
- encourage appreciation of professional ballet production, movement and music
- assist development in other interests e.g. music, gymnastics, calisthenics, drama etc.
- Jazz and Hip-Hop - a class for rhythm and enjoyment, appropriate for students with or without previous dance experience.
Purpose -- To encourage the enjoyment of dance through modern music
- increase flexibility, fitness, coordination
- give students confidence, technique and repertoire of steps
- give students a basic knowledge in dance which may be useful to assist development in another interest eg. drama, gymnastics etc.
A class based on contemporary technique using contemporary music.
This class is offered as an extension class to classical or jazz/dance students who have reached an advanced standard.
Tap classes for beginner to advanced students wanting to learn the correct tap technique for dance enjoyment.
The Avant Ballet Studio students present one major concert per year, and all students are involved.
The experience enables students to have the opportunity to work for a goal, the chance to "dance" and gain skills in performing.
Parents are asked to provide the costumes and assist with the production of the concert.
The students thoroughly enjoy this opportunity and gain a lot from the experience.
Costumes - Parents are responsible for the purchase and making of their child's costume.
Costume price is kept to a minimum and the design is usually simple and easy.
Please allow approximately $30 - $40 per child for costumes.
(However, for the younger children the costume is usually much less).
- Demonstration and Trophy Concert
The ballet year concludes with a demonstration of class work, workshop dances, student choreography and awards. Every child receives an award to acknowledge both the efforts and talents shown by the students over the whole year.
- Competitions - The chance to compete in dancing competitions is offered to students who show talent and exceptional interest in dance. Extra lessons fees and costumes are required for those students who participate. Please see the teacher if your child is interested in participating in competitions.